Just finished Bryce's pirate birthday cake. Totally over cakes. Don't know why I thought at one time I'd like to open a bakery, or sell cakes for a living. I dreaded this cake before I even started it. Same thing with the last one for Megan's birthday cake. And now that this one is done, I swear I'll never make another one. It's even hard to think I can force myself into making them just for the kids birthdays. I know they love them so much though....will have to force myself to make theirs, until they no longer want them. Will that come with the teen years when they can't stand to be around me??
At any rate, I worked on the cake until 5 when the kids needed dinner and baths. Afterwards, I sat down in bed for a little bit to watch tv with Chris. Big mistake. Had to physically force myself out of bed, down a coke, and crank the ipod. Started with some mellow stuff- Chris Isaac, Cross Canadian Ragweed. Quickly escalated to Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails and Rob Zombie in order to motivate myself. It helped get the work done, but I'm not happy with the cake. Had a hell of a time with the buttercream today for some reason.
Really should be in bed preparing myself for tomorrow's events. Party will be at Chuck E Cheese. Yeah, good times. I can already feel the blood rushing to my head.
It's expensive to have it there, but Bryce loves it, and with the ass whipping I take with the cakes, I couldn't stand the thought of having to get my house "party clean" for everyone to come over, and preparing dinner. Especially with Chris working so much and not able to be here to help. The last thing I need is my MIL over here picking me apart because she spots one thing not cleaned to her specifications. I'll let her do it at Chuck E Cheese instead. Hopefully I won't be able to hear her over the screaming curtain-climbers. In fact, I hope she gets a migraine listening to all of the screaming heathens.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hate that your MIL is so rude... It makes me want to scream...
How was the party? Did you get pics of the cake?? I bet it was awesome/...
Post a Comment