Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Megan's First day of K






The big day was big indeed. Even I fell into bed exhausted from the events of the day. Megan was super excited yesterday morning about school. She chowed down her breakfast, checked on her snails that she keeps in a tupperware bowl (and comments each morning on why they poop so much), dressed herself and just danced right along while brushing her teeth and getting her things together.



Right before walking out the door, she asked if we could drop Bryce off at Grammy's first (where he stays on days I have to work, such as the case that morning) and then drop her at school. Unfortunately, it makes no since to do so since the school is right by the house and Grammy's house is 15 minutes from here...nor did we have time to do that anyway, since, as usual, we were running late. I explained this to her and she immediately started dropping big croc tears. She was weepy walking to the car, quiet on the ride since her brother was motor mouth, and then her shirt coming untucked on the ride set the tears off again. After tucking in the shirt, and promising to go see Grammy immediately after school, she cheered up and had a really good day.







She had alot to report when she got home. I grilled her with questions. Apparently, per Megan, she was the fastest eater of all her classmates during lunch. Hard to believe since she never eats quickly, but she's also not one to fib either, so I was amazed. Recess was a hit except she got rocks in her sandals. Did she make any new friends, I asked? "No, Mom. It was my first day and there was alot going on, you know what I mean?" Indeed, I know what she means.


This morning went off without a hitch. She was super excited to get back to school. We got up earlier and didn't run out the door so late. We were 18 minutes early.....a rare occurrence for our family. And she has tennis shoes for the playground, so hopefully no rock issues today. Anxious to get to her this afternoon and she how today went.

No comments: