So many things to be thankful for, and yet so many people to worry for who are having hard times with our lovely shit economy. Thank you so much Mr Dumbass Bush.
I am thankful for a happy, healthy family.
I am thankful for a job, and a new one starting in January.
I am thankful for a loving spouse...and his desire to be home with the kids when I go back to work.
I am thankful that God seems to make everything happen just the way it is supposed to, even if we don't know what the hell is going on sometimes.
Mom's divorce was final last Monday. Last Tuesday, she signed the paperwork and closed on her new house. Last Friday, she got the keys to aforementioned new house and began moving in. At noon that same day, she got the call letting her know she had been laid off from her job. Life's really a shit sandwich sometimes.
I am thankful that she closed on the house before she lost her job.
I am thankful that she has been allowed to work until Dec 12
I am thankful that she will have 8 weeks of severance pay after that.
I have faith that God has a plan, and that better things are to come. I know Mom feels like this is the end of the world right now, so I didn't say this to her...but, I know that everything always happens for a reason, and everything always works itself out. I am praying for her every day that something wonderful comes her way soon.
I am also praying that my deadbeat sister finds a job and stops mooching off my mother. Or else she'll be praying that I stop beating her ass.
Speaking of thankfulness, Turkey day is right around the corner. We'll be doing the usual again. Spending lunchtime with the inlaws. Oh, goodie, goodie. I'll be taking a squash casserole and a lemon raspberry cheesecake. Hopefully I won't be taking home an ass whipping.
This year, Mom will not be out of town with her husband (now ex), so we're planning on spending the evening with her at her new house. We originally planned on cooking a big dinner, but the move-in happened later than expected, which turned into everyone being tired and not wanting to make a big production. So, the last edit to the day was just to drop by for a visit. But then I decided that Thanksgiving just isn't Thanksgiving without food. So, without Mom knowing about it, I'm putting together a dinner and bringing it with me. Can't let her know or else she'll feel compelled to do something, and I'd rather her rest and not add to her stress. She has enough on her plate. No pun intended. :)
So, tomorrow will be a day filled with cooking and baking. And two kids chomping at the bit to get under my feet.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment